Saturday, June 30, 2012

New Nest

My elementary school friend is having a housewarming party tonight. I made her a little card. :)




I was so surprised when my friend announced that she was moving out with her bf a few months ago. I guess because most of my closest elementary school friends still live in the same place close by our elementary school. It always amazes me how we still keep in touch after all this time. In fact, they have been there through my milestones and have an important place in my heart.

It took me a long time to make this card mostly because I was experimenting with different ideas (textured background, distressing, spritzing with water, text art) and I finally settled on this. This was the kind of card I've been making last year and I guess I've come full circle back to simple quilled cards again. The nest is made based on the tutorial from Do More with Less with the Guest Designer Miae Rowe and there is a little challenge over there to use that masking tape technique. Give it a try :)

Tonight I am heading off on vacation so I may not be posting for awhile although there may be a surprise later next week :)

5 comments:

Miae said...

Your card is absolutely adorable and wow, I would never have thought to make a nest! It's brilliant! Thank you for playing along!!

Virginia L. said...

This is so rustic and lovely!! Perfect for a house-warming party, Victoria! Love the textures and choice of colors! Enjoy your time away!

yyam said...

Goodness! This is the cutest! I love how you've transformed the masking tape into a little nest....soooooo clever!

Thank you so much for playing along with my guest Miae's challenge! :)

Katy said...

This is so cute!! I love it! I like quilling too, so it's always cool when it gets incorporated into cards :)

Unknown said...

So cute and so clever.very CAS very minimalsitic yet so impactful.Well done.