Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Christmas in July...err, August!

I've been meaning to participate in Isha's Challenge over at Do More for Less where we're making a project based on packaging as well as using a masking/distressing technique. I have so much packaging saved for this challenge but it looks like I only have time for the one card for now.

This was packaging from way back in Christmas but I guess we just never finished these crackers -_-



And this is what I created!


 Inside the card...


 The trees are made from DIY washi tape and the tree stumps are actual washi tape. I'm also happy to say that I used my only winter sentiment stamp hoarded from 2 years ago (came free with my only copy of the Paper Crafts magazine).

I'm also finally participating in the challenge over at Friday Mashup (Christmas in July). I've been following this blog for awhile now and I really like it. There's two topics or techniques but also an option to mash it up the two topics together-brilliant!

Happy August Everyone! :)

7 comments:

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME inspired card from the Christmas Christie cookie packaging! Your creativity has no bounds! I love the shading of the background and it sure looks like a beautiful (hate to use that S word) SNOW scene!I am glad that you get to play this challenge! Isha did such a great tutorial, didn't she!? Enjoy the rest of your summer--it's part of a teacher's job ;)

yyam said...

Oooohhh..this is sooooo pretty! I totally see the packaging inspiration on your card! :)

Thanks for playing along with my guest Isha's challenge!

yyam said...

Oooohhh..this is sooooo pretty! I totally see the packaging inspiration on your card! :)

Thanks for playing along with my guest Isha's challenge!

Lisa said...

Glad you decided to join us at The Friday Mashup with this sweet card! I love the scene on the front and the inside is decorated fabulously!

Ulrike said...

Lovely trees, great colors and so nice -I love it. Thank you for playing with the friday mashup this week. Liebe Grüße Ulrike (guest designer from germany)

Tara Bourgoin said...

This card is so wonderful! I love the techniques you've used on the background - and the inside is just too sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Isha Gupta said...

WOW!!! Looovee how you got inspired and your interpretation. You've created an Awesome scene, with perfect shading. Thanks for playing along my challenge at Yvonne's blog.