Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Use It Tuesday #35: Use Embossing


It's challenge time over at Use It Tuesday and I have my first project as part of the design team (still can't believe it).


In this challenge, we are digging into our embossing supply stash. Ever since I started buying craft supplies last year, it's been a kind of addiction and if I had the choice, I could spent hours at a craft store. That being said, last year, I bought the Vagabond as well as the Sizzix starter embossing plates. Sad to say but I haven't used the embossing plates to complete a project until this challenge at  Use It Tuesday (thank you!) Here's the card I came up with:


Other than the hoarded embossing plates, I used a Stampin' it Up flower punch I bought from a garage sale last year that I haven't really used and also paper from my huge stack of scrapbook paper I bought from Costco.


I seem to be using the fringe flower a lot lately after I recently learned it.

I also gave this card to my mom-in-law for her birthday during my vacation (which I'm still on). She loved it and made an order for 5 more birthday cards (that will help fund some of my future craft purchases...as soon as I use my hoarded ones :D)

Come join in the fun and use up some of the craft stash you've got. Don't forget to check Use It Tuesday for some wonderful inspiration from all the talented design team :)

Challenge runs until July 20th.

5 comments:

Haven_mom4 said...

I can see why you use that flower so much. It's awsome and combined with the embossing and hoarded items a total knock out

Stephanie U said...

Love the flower and the negative effect on this!

Anonymous said...

I love that embossing plate!! I can't believe you haven't used it before now. Your project is beautiful and I'm glad you're with us on the Use It Tuesday design team for the next six months. Glad to have you!!

Danielle said...

Adorable card, love the flower embossing and the cut out flowers!

Marjolaine said...

Awesome card, I think I have that paper too! Love that flower and the centre makes it even better!